The Piano Lesson
by August Wilson
Doaker Timeline and Summary
- Doaker greets Lymon and Boy Willie when they show up.
- He tells them that there's no way Berniece is going to sell the piano.
- Doaker hangs out with Wining Boy, catching him up on everything that's been going on
- He tells the big long story of the piano.
- Doaker sings a railroad song.
- He heads off to work.
- Doaker later stops Boy Willie and Lymon from taking the piano, but also tries to keep the peace between Boy Willie and Berniece.
- He tells Boy Willie he can still make the train.