The Piano Lesson
Wining Boy Timeline and Summary
- Wining Boy hangs out with Doaker, catching up on recent events.
- He reads a letter that a friend of Cleotha sent him.
- He plays a song about being "a rambling gambling man" (1.2.126).
- Wining Boy tells Boy Willie he shouldn't sell the piano.
- Wining Boy sells Lymon a supposedly magic suit.
- He sees Sutter's ghost.
- Wining Boy busts in really drunk, when Berniece is threatening Boy Willie with a gun.
- He plays a song for Cleotha, then freaks out along with everybody else when Sutter's ghost attacks.