The Romance of Tristan
The Romance of Tristan Part 7 Summary
The Hermit Ogrin I
- One day, Tristan and Yseut meet a hermit named Ogrin. He tells them that Mark has offered one hundred silver marks for their capture, and that God will pardon the sins of a man who confesses them in good faith. (We're not sure: God is kind of a jokester in this romance, if you think about it.)
- Tristan explains that he and Yseut love one another because of a love potion, and there is nothing they can do about it.
- He says he would rather live as a beggar than leave Yseut. Yseut shares his feelings.
- Ogrin gives them lodging for the night.
- The couple remains in the woods, avoiding open country. They live on venison that Tristan kills and are troubled by a lack of bread.
- The word that there is a reward for their capture spreads throughout the whole kingdom.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...