The Scorpio Races
Cite This Page
The Scorpio Races Questions
- Why has Sean bonded with Corr better than any of the other water horses? Is Corr special, is Sean special, or is it a little bit of both?
- Why does Puck prefer to go by Puck instead of her real name, Kate?
- Had you heard of the water horse mythology before The Scorpio Races? If you hadn't, are you inspired to learn more? If you had, what did Stiefvater do differently than the lore you're familiar with?
- In what ways are the two narrators similar? In what ways are they different?
- Do Sean and Puck have unique voices, or do they sound similar? Would you be able to tell them apart were it not for the chapter headings?
- What do you think Puck and Sean's life will look like now that the races are over? Where will they live? What will they do? Will they ever run in the Scorpio Races again?
- Where do you think Thisby is located? Why doesn't Stiefvater explicitly reveal its location, or what time period the book takes place in? If you could visit Thisby, would you?
- Would you ride in the Scorpio Races? If not, what would it take to make you—money, fame, sand in your teeth?
- For a book called The Scorpio Races, the races themselves are over in three chapters (the book has sixty-six). Would you want to see more of the races?