The Canterbury Tales: The Second Nun's Tale
Cite This Page
Almachius Timeline and Summary
- Shortly after Cecilia converts Tiburtius and Valerian, Almachius decrees that everyone must worship at the shrine of Jupiter or die.
- Almachius orders the execution of Tiburtius, Valerian, and Maximus.
- Almachius calls Cecilia before him, questions her about her faith, and demands that she worship at the shrine of Jupiter.
- When Cecilia refuses, Almachius orders her executed.
- Unable to kill Cecilia by boiling her in a cauldron, he sends his executioner to kill her with a sword.