The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 10 Summary
- Now Sutter gives us the scoop on all his past girlfriends.
- He says he understands girls just fine until they start dating him. Then he's clueless.
- Before Cassidy, he dated a chick named Kimberly.
- She thought he was hilarious before they actually became a couple.
- But after a couple of months of dating, she was always picking on him, trying to get him to change.
- And it was always the same, all the way back into junior high.
- Sutter says the two reasons his girlfriends always end up mad at him are:
- (1) he doesn't impress their friends (but he doesn't understand why)
- (2) he never changes his behavior as their relationship progresses, and they want him to.
- Before Kimberly, he dated Lisa, who told him she felt like they'd never had a real relationship.
- Sutter has no clue what was going on in their minds, but he is good friends with all his ex-girlfriends now.
- He's driving to Cassidy's to apologize, but, of course, he stops to get more whiskey first.
- When he gets to Cassidy's, her mom comes to the door. She's not thrilled to see Sutter.
- It turns out Cassidy's not home – she's left with her friend Kendra.
- So Sutter heads out to find her.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...