The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 15 Summary
- Sutter drives away, yelling out the window.
- He finally pulls into a parking lot near the downtown Chase building, and yells up at his dad to come down.
- After some more whiskey, he locates a bar with no bouncer at the door, and immediately finds a table full of (whoo-hoo!) college girls.
- He hangs out with them for a while, and even starts to think he might be getting somewhere with them … until they pinch his cheeks and leave. Darn.
- After he (finally) finds his car, he drives to a truck stop and pays a prostitute to buy him some beer.
- The thing is, even though she keeps trying her sales pitch on Sutter, he's kind, and tells her whenever she wants to go on a real date, she should call him.
- He drives around until he ends up in a run-down neighborhood that reminds him of the one he grew up in.
- He yells out the window some more (doing a lot of yelling today, better drink some tea and honey, Sutts). Next thing he knows, he's waking up under a tree with a girl staring down at him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...