The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 2 Summary
- It takes a little while to find Walter's house. He's only six, after all, and doesn't really know how to get back.
- He does know that there's a scary black van at the end of his street, so Sutter just cruises around looking for it.
- As they drive, Walter tells Sutter some crazy stories about a bully at his school.
- In exchange, Sutter tells him about Jeremy, a kid at his school who went nuts with a fire extinguisher once, blasting the whole class – and even the teacher. Weird.
- Finally, they find Walter's house, and Sutter walks him up to the door.
- He tries to explain the situation to Walter's mom, but she smells the whiskey on his breath and freaks out.
- She actually threatens to call the cops, so Sutter gets back in his car and drives away.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...