The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 27 Summary
- Sutter's in his room alone on a Friday night.
- He's decided not to try to sneak out tonight, since he already has plans to sneak out tomorrow, to the party with Aimee. Decisions, decisions.
- So instead, he turns on some Dean Martin – his fave – and drinks whiskey.
- Sorry, but what with the whisky and the Dean Martin, this guy kind of reminds us of our grandfather.
- Anyway, he goes online to look up Commander Amanda Gallico, so he'll have something to talk about with Aimee on Saturday.
- He figures he should show her that her dreams and interests are important.
- Sutter used to have dreams – that he was a major-league baseball player with superpowers, for example.
- But his biggest dream was for his parents to get back together.
- He loves remembering all the good times with his dad, when they were still a family.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search