The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 29 Summary
- It's Saturday night, and Sutter's with Aimee at the party.
- It's cold out, and Aimee's got a huge, puffy purple coat on that makes her look ridiculous. And - the lipstick again.
- Sutter's plan is to hook her up with one of the guys there – a nice one, though, who won't be all over her - like this one guy he knows named Cody.
- He'll get her settled talking to him, and then slip away when Cassidy shows up.
- They walk over to the keg and Sutter gets her a beer.
- Oh, but she doesn't drink.
- NBD. Sutter tells her to just hold it, so it looks like she's having fun.
- He doesn't see Cody anywhere, but Jason Doyle starts talking to them.
- Sutter is not too happy about that. Jason's a total letch, and he doesn't want him making any moves on Aimee.
- So he distracts him by pointing out the hot sweater Alisa Norman is wearing.
- Jason agrees it's hot, but isn't willing to risk getting beaten up by her super protective boyfriend, Denver Quigley.
- (What is up with these names, guys?)
- Sutter sweetens the deal by telling Jason that they broke up. (They didn't really.)
- Jason can't resist the sweater, so he heads over. Look out, Jason.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...