The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 31 Summary
- Sutter slips away as planned, and heads over to Cassidy…
- Just as Marcus appears and puts his arm around her. Phooey!
- A few other girls cluster round to talk with them.
- Change of plan. Sutter swerves for the keg instead, and then casually walks up to them, bringing Cassidy a beer.
- They talk for a while, till – uh-oh – Denver Quigley suddenly shows up. Remember him? Violent, vindictive boyfriend?
- He's trying to find Alisa, so Sutter helpfully tells him he saw her walking with Jason.
- Quigley stalks off to murder Jason, while Marcus and the other girls chase after him to stop.
- Which leaves Cassidy alone with Sutter.
- He jumps right in, asking if she believes him now about the whole Tara thing.
- She does, but before their flirting can get very far, they hear yelling.
- Quigley's beating up some random guy, who's definitely not Jason, and Marcus, who's trying to stop him. Yikes.
- Of course, Cassidy rushes over to her wounded hero.
- Sutter finally sees Jason – whispering to Aimee off in the distance.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...