The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 38 Summary
- In the parking lot at school, Krystal Krittenbrink is suddenly stomping over to Sutter.
- She demands to know why he's avoiding Aimee after their kiss, and he tries to joke his way out of it.
- It's been two weeks since that party, and he hasn't talked to her once. Ouch.
- He turns and leaves, but Krystal's words did their job – he starts to feel bad about ignoring Aimee.
- So Sutter decides to stop by her house after work to say hi.
- When he gets there, he gets to experience her family in all their glory: splayed on the couch, watching TV, and yelling at each other.
- Aimee's mom tells them she wants to talk to Sutter – right after her show's over.
- Aimee and Sutter stand there awkwardly for a few minutes, waiting, and then decide to go get Cokes.
- They tell her mom, who's still engrossed in her TV show, and she just nods.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...