The Spectacular Now Chapter 40 Summary
- Pretty soon, it's closing time at Marvin's. They head back to Aimee's place, and just sit in the car and talk. And drink.
- He tells her all kinds of stuff about his family, but then she asks him if he meant it when he asked her to the prom.
- Sutter's like, of course I did, and then he kisses her.
- Then she asks him if all this means they're boyfriend and girlfriend.
- He's not sure what to say at first, but then he hears himself saying yes.
- They start kissing again, and Sutter figures he could go all the way with her right then and there, but he doesn't think it'd be right – not with Aimee.
- And then he moves, and honks the horn by accident, and Aimee's mom appears on the front porch.
- Time to say goodbye! They agree to have lunch together the next day.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...