The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 41 Summary
- And Sutter actually remembers.
- In fact, he's on time for their next three dates.
- Ricky doesn't understand – he really thought Sutter didn't like her like that.
- Sutter figures she'll probably get sick of him in a month and dump him.
- Ricky's not hanging out much with Sutter these days anyway, so Sutter's been partying with some other friends when he's not with Aimee.
- But he's starting to think it's more fun just to hang with Aimee. It turns out they have a lot in common.
- They both like old music, and they both like to drink alcohol. (Gee, match made in heaven.)
- Plus, she treats him differently from any other girlfriend he's ever had.
- Sutter's attitude is rubbing off on her, too – when they run into Krystal at the store, she starts in with her sarcastic comments, but Aimee just makes fun of her weight mercilessly.
- Krystal tells Sutter she hopes he's proud that he's changing Aimee into a drunk jerk too, and leaves.
- Sutter actually feels a little sorry for Krystal, but Aimee just laughs her head off.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...