The Spectacular Now
Cite This Page
The Spectacular Now Chapter 43 Summary Page 1
- Sutter almost makes it to his car, but sure enough, Marcus gets out of the parked car and confronts him about those Thursday afternoon drinking sessions.
- But not in a violent or angry way. It's more like he's hurt.
- Sutter tells him they're just friends having fun, but Marcus is upset that she doesn't seem to have fun with him.
- Sutter waves at Bob to let him know things are cool and then reassures Marcus that he's not boring.
- Although, Cassidy might appreciate it if he backed off a little with all the volunteer stuff, too.
- Marcus is super grateful for the advice. He used to think Sutter was a joke, but not anymore.
- Driving home, Sutter's a little depressed that he helped Marcus with Cassidy, but he figures it'll be over in a couple of months anyway.