The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 46 Summary
- Afterwards, as they're lying there talking, Sutter finds out it wasn't her first time.
- She's mortified to tell him, but when she was 14, Randy's 20-year-old son was spending the night and he snuck into her room and had sex with her.
- She didn't try to stop him. She was actually happy to have a boy paying attention to her.
- But afterwards, she was upset, and she never told anyone.
- Sutter is outraged – that was statutory rape, for Pete's sake!
- He decides to tell Aimee a secret, too.
- His dad doesn't work in the Chase building. He doesn't know where he is.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search