The Spectacular Now Chapter 55 Summary
- Sutter sees the prom as a success. Wow – really?
- Everyone at school is making fun of Aimee for being so drunk, which totally stinks.
- But she's super focused on moving to St. Louis with Sutter, and finding his dad.
- She wants to move right after graduation.
- What she doesn't know is that he'll probably be failing Algebra II, and have summer school to attend before he can graduate.
- At work that day, Bob tells Sutter their company is losing money and he has to let someone go.
- He'd rather keep Sutter and get rid of the other sales clerk, but he can only do that if Sutter can promise him never to drink before work again.
- Sutter's like George Washington: he can't tell a lie. He tells Bob he just can't promise that.
- Bob appreciates his honesty, but has to fire him.
- Well, this book has taken a downward turn.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...