The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 56 Summary
- When Sutter walks out of the store, he sees Cassidy, Ricky, and Marcus waiting for him in Marcus's car. They want to talk to him.
- He thinks it's an alcohol intervention, but they tell him it's an Aimee intervention.
- They tell Sutter his relationship with Aimee isn't working out.
- He gets pretty mad at them for sticking their noses in his business, but they don't give up.
- They tell him he thinks he's saving her, but she's just a drunk now – a laughing stock.
- He sees it differently--she stands up for herself now.
- Cassidy asks Sutter to take a short walk with her.
- She tells him it was her idea to come talk to him. She doesn't want Aimee getting hurt when things finally go south in their relationship.
- Sutter insists that she'll be the one to break up with him, but Cassidy tells him Aimee's in love with him.
- He doesn't see it, but he tells Cassidy he is taking things seriously this time, and that he's moving to St. Louis with her, and just quit his job.