The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 56 Summary
- When Sutter walks out of the store, he sees Cassidy, Ricky, and Marcus waiting for him in Marcus's car. They want to talk to him.
- He thinks it's an alcohol intervention, but they tell him it's an Aimee intervention.
- They tell Sutter his relationship with Aimee isn't working out.
- He gets pretty mad at them for sticking their noses in his business, but they don't give up.
- They tell him he thinks he's saving her, but she's just a drunk now – a laughing stock.
- He sees it differently--she stands up for herself now.
- Cassidy asks Sutter to take a short walk with her.
- She tells him it was her idea to come talk to him. She doesn't want Aimee getting hurt when things finally go south in their relationship.
- Sutter insists that she'll be the one to break up with him, but Cassidy tells him Aimee's in love with him.
- He doesn't see it, but he tells Cassidy he is taking things seriously this time, and that he's moving to St. Louis with her, and just quit his job.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search