The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 58 Summary
- Sutter and Aimee are really doing it – they're driving to Fort Worth to meet his dad.
- They're missing graduation, but Sutter failed algebra, so he wouldn't have gotten a diploma anyway.
- Not like he's told anyone about that, though.
- He's excited about seeing his dad again, and his dad sounded all pumped about the visit on the phone, too.
- Aimee and Sutter finally arrive at Mr. Keely's run-down duplex.
- After a few shots of whiskey and vodka, they go up to the door.
- Sutter has to ring the doorbell and knock seven or eight times before his dad finally opens up.
- He doesn't recognize Sutter – and even when Sutter tells him his name, it doesn't register until he tells him he's his son.
- His dad had forgotten he was coming!
- Hm, this is sounding familiar.
- He's already got plans to meet his current girlfriend at some barbecue joint, so he just invites them to come along.
- They drive in separate cars to the restaurant.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search