The Spectacular Now
The Spectacular Now Chapter 66 Summary
- It's not the weekend yet, but he buys some whiskey and starts drinking again.
- He cruises around town for a while, feeling the glow from the drink, and then stops in at a little run-down bar.
- It reminds him of the one in Fort Worth.
- Inside, there are two guys who look like escaped convicts, and one rumpled drunk.
- Sutter charms the bartender into giving him a drink, and then he tells them all the story of Cassidy, Aimee, and his dad.
- The drunks tell him he's a hero, and cheer him on.
- Finally, he decides it's time to go.
- He's thrilled he cheered up the guys in the bar - he's feeling the love for everyone tonight.
- He decides all he needs is for the universe to love him, and says goodbye to everyone and everything in his life.
- He's so drunk, even the weeds and broken glass near the bar seem beautiful and heroic to him.
- In the end, he says goodbye to himself, and disappears, as he says, into his own spectacular now.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search