The Spectacular Now
by Tim Tharp
The Spectacular Now Chapter 9 Summary
- Sutter works at Mr. Leon's Fine Men's Clothing store.
- He's not crazy about the job, but at least there aren't many customers. Mostly he just folds shirts.
- It depresses him to have to sell suits to young guys, since it reminds him that he's going to have to enter the real world soon, too.
- Sutter's good at selling, but he doesn't like it.
- His stepdad—a.k.a. Geech—got him the job through some connections he had.But it's not all bad. Sutter's boss, Bob Lewis, is pretty awesome.
- Bob is always coming up with new get-rich-quick ideas for businesses, but he never actually acts on them.
- He's completely focused on his wife and kids. Sutter really admires their family.
- So, Sutter asks Bob for advice about the situation with Cassidy.
- Oh, and by the way – Sutter's drinking whiskey. At work. Even though Bob's asked him not to. Nice.
- Bob tells him he should go visit her tonight with roses and apologize.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...