The Sun Also Rises
by Ernest Hemingway
Pedro Romero Timeline and Summary
- Pedro Romero is introduced by Montoya to Jake. They chat briefly.
- Romero is seen in the bullfight – his talent is immediately obvious.
- A few days later Romero runs into Jake at a café. They share some drinks along with a bull-fighting critic and talk bulls.
- Brett and Jake track Romero down in a café after Brett informs Jake she’s in love with Romero. Brett and Romero flirt. They leave, presumably to go… get acquainted.
- Cohn storms into Romero’s room in the night, finds him with Brett, and beats him up. Brett cares for him and he rests for his upcoming fight.
- During the fight he performs with grace. He has his cape and the ear of a bull he kills passed up into the stands to Brett.
- After the fight he leaves with Brett. He asks Brett to change for him, but she refuses. Within a few days Brett asks him to leave.