The Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath's Prologue
by Geoffrey Chaucer
Husband #4 Timeline and Summary
- Near the end of her Prologue, the Wife announces that she will speak about her fourth husband.
- Husband #4 had a lover in addition to the Wife.
- To punish him for this, the Wife convinced him that she, too, was cheating.
- Husband #4 was so consumed by jealousy that it was his purgatory on earth.
- Husband #4 died. The Wife buried him inexpensively, regarding opulence in his funeral a waste.