The Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath's Prologue Lines 330-342 Summary
- Blessed be Ptolemy, the wise astrologer who said that the wisest man is the one who doesn't care who rules the world.
- By this proverb, you should understand that you ought not to care how much sex other people are getting.
- For certainly, you're going to get enough sex from me at night.
- The man who won't allow another man to light his candle at his lantern is a cheapskate. His lantern won't be any dimmer for this charity.
- Therefore, since you're getting enough sex, you shouldn't care if other men also have sex with me.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...