Theme for English B
Theme for English B Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who do you relate to more when you read the poem? The speaker or the instructor? Why?
- What do you think the speaker means by saying that he and his instructor are a "part" of each other? How do you know? Who and what is a part of you?
- What is the effect of the list in lines 21 and 24? Write a list like this for yourself. How does it compare?
- Between the instructor and the student, who has learned the bigger lesson after reading this "theme"? Why do you think so?
- How does this poem relate to the modern world, as compared to the world when it was published, in 1951?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search