There Is No Dog
by Meg Rosoff
There Is No Dog Chapter 16 Summary
- Meanwhile, Bob is pondering the important questions in life, like how is one hot girl different from another? Deep man, deep.
- He's also making all sorts of plans for having sex with Lucy, replacing Eck, and getting rid of his mom. His to-do list is totally full.
- As he's thinking of a way to seduce Lucy, we learn that all those myths about Zeus seducing girls in the form of an animal and all the miracles of the Hebrew Bible were just Bob trying to have sex or play a prank on everyone.
- That stuff doesn't happen anymore because Mr. B forbids it. Instead, Bob starts thinking about transforming himself into a cat or Eck until he finally hits on the easiest solution. Just ask her out already!
- So, Bob awkwardly writes her a letter asking her out to dinner, drops it off, and goes to sleep after all the strenuous writing and thinking that he did.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...