There Is No Dog Chapter 17 Summary
- It's official; Mr. B is leaving us (or at least Bob). In less than six weeks (hey, isn't Eck supposed to be eaten in six weeks?), he'll be transferred to some shiny, new, and most importantly Bob-less planet.
- As usual, Mr. B goes back to work after a brief celebration and some fancy pants Gruyere on toast for lunch.
- As we're sure you are aware of, there is some seriously messed up stuff going on over here on Earth, like wars, famine, pollution. Guess whose job it is to worry about all this stuff? Well, it sure isn't Bob's.
- Mr. B's mind turns to his whales. What with hunting and pollution, they're not doing too great. He's a little worried about what's going to happen when he jets off to his new job, and he's wondering how to protect them when ….
- It starts hailing. In the middle of summer. In a heat wave. Oops. God is in love, all right, and that's some dangerous stuff.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...