There Is No Dog
There Is No Dog Chapter 21 Summary
- It's raining. A lot. Inside Saint Christopher's church, we meet the vicar, Bernard, who is friends with Lucy's mom.
- Rain is pouring down outside. The flood is so high that Bernard imagines that he can see a crocodile swimming in the dirty water. (Well, there is a zoo nearby.) In fact, it's so flooded that people are stranded in the church, which is conveniently on a hill.
- Laura has come to help Bernard with the parishioners (how? by boat?) by bringing a bunch of stuff from her kitchen and helping serve food.
- As they talk we can see that Bernard and Laura have a bit of a crush on each other. They talk about Lucy. It seems that she's been having visitations from angels since childhood.
- Knowing what we know, it's hard to figure out if she just has an overactive imagination or if Bob has been up to his tricks.
- Anyway, it's not like she'll get married to God, right? Right?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...