There Is No Dog
Cite This Page
There Is No Dog Chapter 26 Summary Page 1
- Bob is getting ready for his big date. He's got on his black jeans, his t-shirt, and he's ready to go.
- Of course, he has no idea when Lucy gets off of work because practical things like that are waaay too complicated for him, so he ends up waiting three hours outside of the zoo.
- Finally Lucy appears and the date begins. Bob is super awkward and can barely talk.
- When Lucy asks him about his history and family, he actually tells her the truth! Lucy must be head over heels, because she ignores it and instead swallows the story he makes up about being an army kid.
- Eventually the lovebirds kiss over their oily plates of pasta and lighting strikes, literally.
- Suddenly, the whole restaurant looks like a storm hit it. Because it did. You know, that whole God weather thing.
- There's a lot of lovey-dovey talk that you can check out for yourselves, but we'll say the date is going well so far. Bob walks Lucy home, and they look for the lost capybara together. Eventually they give up and head back to Lucy's place.
- We know what you're thinking, but it doesn't happen and Bob is sent packing with his goal incomplete.
- This is actually his most redeeming moment so far, since he doesn't use his God tricks to get what he wants.
- Meanwhile, Lucy is just a little frightened about her new boyfriend since he seems not to have a phone… and maybe not even a real address. (Definitely not a Facebook account.)
- Back at Casa Bob, Mr. B wants this whole freak weather thing to stop, because people are dying.
- He also seems to be second guessing leaving the Earth since Bob is such a horrible God, but he doesn't know what to do.