There Is No Dog
There Is No Dog Chapter 29 Summary
- Lucy is more than a little aroused by the thought of Bob. He's all she can think about. She's at work, but she can't concentrate on a single thing—even though Luke actually smiles at her for once.
- She doesn't have to wait too long before Bob shows up. They make plans to get down and dirty after she gets off of work tonight. Whoa there, Lucy!
- Anyway, Bob waits around while Lucy and her co-workers tend to zoo business. Skype is there and Lucy seems unaccountably upset about her presence and friendliness with Luke. (Hm, we have some theories about that.)
- At the same time, she starts to notice that Bob is, well, kind of a lazy sack of bones. But she's still upset when she comes back from getting tea and notices that Skype and Bob are talking.
- Who is this Skype? We're getting majorly bad vibes from her.
- Finally, Lucy and Bob leave. Lucy starts talking about the weather and the death toll. That totally kills the sexy mood for Bob, but she doesn't know why.
- In fact, he doesn't get excited again until she tells him they are going back to her place, if you know what she means.
- But that doesn't go too well, either. They start with the kissing and all the usual stuff, when Lucy seriously freaks out.
- She runs away from Bob, starts making tea, and then gets going scrubbing some dishes. It's another strikeout for Bob.
- Oh, also? Apparently, Mona has been watching the whole time. Gross, mom. But anyway she tells Mr. B all about it. It seems like mom's to-do list still has a lot of un-done items.
- Bob tells Mr. B how his date went, and Mr. B actually seems a little bothered by the ending.
- See, Mr. B is trying to be helpful, since he thinks that Bob and Lucy having sex is the only way for the crazy weather to stop.
- Bob has other plans. Like, he's going to marry her. Mr. B tries to warn him that might not be a good idea, but teenager God just storms out of the room.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation, Volume I: The Pox Party - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search