There Is No Dog
Cite This Page
There Is No Dog Chapter 6 Summary Page 1
- Back to Genesis now. Remember how God created the sun and the moon and the stars? Right, well the part they left out is that first he created fireworks, and fireflies, and candles.
- This didn't work out so well. Sure, they were cool (huge chandeliers!)—but not so effective. Eventually Mr. B takes the reins and sorts out that whole day/night, sun/moon, and gravity thing because he is a responsible adult.
- Bob, on the other hand, takes a nap and moves on to making land, water, plants, and animals.
- Mr. B cannot believe the weird things that Bob is doing—like, making carnivores without remembering to make them food, so they have to eat other animals; or making birds that can't fly.
- Sometime in this mad creation spree Mr. B gets to make one thing. He chooses to make whales that, unlike Bob's razor sharp carnivores and toxic mammals, are gentle and beautiful.
- Creation continues, getting weirder and weirder, what with all the sex and the different languages and all. Bob tops it off by making humans in his own image, which now that we think about it is pretty self-centered.
- Mr. B is more than a little upset about the weird planet that he is now supposed to take care of, complete with mini-Bobs running around.
- Because he is a smart guy (and, let's reiterate, a grown-up), he knows that this can't end well.