There Is No Dog
Cite This Page
There Is No Dog Chapter 8 Summary Page 1
- When we meet Bob's mom (Mona), she's playing poker and drinking gin. Oh, hey! A cool mom.
- She's having a grand old time.
- Bob shows up with Eck and Mona wonders if the Eck is Bob's kid. Ugh, mom. Obviously not—just look at his nose.
- Anyway, we meet two new characters, Mr. Emoto Hed, who runs this poker joint, and Estelle, who is his quiet daughter. She likes the Eck, and Hed likes Mona. It's a total like-fest.
- Estelle feeds the Eck a plate of sandwiches, and for a while he is happy. Mona's poker game starts to decline a little bit. (Let's remember that she's been chugging gin.) But maybe it's not the gin's fault: she's just been dealt a postcard and a picture instead of cards.
- Hm. Could one of the other players (who all seem to be fearsome Gods) be cheating?
- Mona is mad. She transforms into a rage-monster, and we get to see that these Gods are actually pretty scary, even though they look normal and human most of the time.
- She goes all God-power on the poker club, and starts a drunken rampage. It would be funnier if Emoto Hed weren't one scary dude, but he is. He makes her sit down and shut up.