There is a lot of confusion going on here. Bob thinks that he is in love with Lucy, even though she is a mortal and he's just horny. Mr. B has no idea what he's supposed to be doing, really, or how he's going to get out of this dead end job. Eck thinks he is worthless. Mona doesn't get her role as a mom, and Estelle realizes that her life has had no purpose. Whew. Hope things get cleared up soon.
Not yet: thing don't get better, only worse as the whole Bob + Lucy love affair continues and everyone else's lives get thrown into disarray. Sure, it might start off as just a little bit of rain, but soon Bob's emotional whirlwind turns into literal whirlwinds, as the weather goes haywire during his courtship of Lucy. She gets more and more confused about who Bob is. Mr. B's resignation makes him even more confused about his feelings for the Earth. Estelle travels to figure out her purpose, and Eck is even sadder about his state of affairs. This is terrible!
When Bob and Lucy split up, everyone else seems to realize their true roles and relationships at the exact same time. Let's check out the revelations:
(1) Lucy realizes she's been dating God, and breaks up with him stat.
(2) Bob realizes that he and Lucy can't actually be together forever.
(3) Mr. B realizes that he's the real God around these parts.
(4) Mr. Emoto Hed realizes that he'd just as well take Mona as Eck.
(5) Estelle realizes that her purpose is to be there for Eck and Earth and maybe even Mr. B.