There Is No Dog
by Meg Rosoff
Mr. B Timeline and Summary
- Mr. B tries to stop Bob from reading Lucy's letter, but it's too late. Anyway, back to work.
- Another day Mr. B is working after having breakfast and Bob wants him to help with seducing Lucy. Mr. B refuses, obviously, and reminds Bob that only bad things happen when he dates mortals.
- More paperwork. Mr. B sends in his notice of resignation and has a little tiny party for himself in his mind before he gets back to work.
- Only thing is, he's worried about what will happen to his whales.
- Mr. B gets notice that he will be transferred in six weeks and he is on top of the world. For about half a second. Then more work and more worrying about the whales and everyone else.
- The whole freak weather thing is starting to get to Mr. B. He wants it to stop, but he doesn't know what to do. And he's getting pretty worried about leaving earth to a nutjob like Bob.
- One day Estelle comes to pick up Eck. Hello Estelle! Mr. B seems to have developed a new crush on her.
- Things go from bad to worse, but Estelle has a plan—and she's not too sure about Mr. B leaving Earth.
- Neither is Mr. B, for that matter, since he's finally realized that he's the real God around here.
- Luckily, Estelle realizes that the letter of transfer is for Bob and Mr. B poofs him away. Estelle agrees to stay with Mr. B. Aww.