The Things They Carried
The Things They Carried Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What's the purpose of splitting the book into short stories instead of chapters?
- How would the book change if it were told chronologically?
- Could you tell this book without profanity? (Not do you want to, but could you?)
- Is there any fiction about the Iraq War that's trying to do the same work that The Things They Carried is trying to do? The answer to this question could focus on a book, but it could also look to movies or television.
- After reading this book, how do you feel about war? Why do you think you feel the way you do?