Thirteen Reasons Why
by Jay Asher
Related History & Literature on Shmoop
Available to teachers only as part of the Thirteen Reasons Why Teacher Pass
Thirteen Reasons WhyTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Related History & Literature on Shmoop
- Clay Jensen A.K.A. Holden Caulfield
So why did Clay call himself Holden Caulfield on the matching survey? This discussion may shed some light on the similarities between the two characters.
- A Tragic Fleeting Love Story
Sure Hannah starts the Clay tape with a line from Romeo and Juliet, but why exactly is the allusion in her story? Teenagers acting rashly, doomed love, tragic ending…. sound familiar? Check out the original love story.