Thor and the Jotun Geirrod Study Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What do we learn about Loki's character from the events that occur during his first visit to Geirrod's hall?
- Why do you think that Geirrod wants to lure Thor to his hall?
- What do you think of Loki's agreement to lure Thor to Geirrod's hall without his weapons? What would you have done in Loki's position?
- Why does Loki uphold his end of the bargain with Geirrod? What does that tell us about what's important to him? To the people who wrote the story?
- Why do you think Thor agrees to travel to Geirrod's hall without his weapons? What does that tell us about what's important to him?
- What gifts does Grid give to Thor? How do they help him later on in the story?
- What might Thor and Loki's experience in the River Vímur symbolize? Gjálp's? Gjálp's, um, pee?
- Are Geirrod's daughters strong female characters? Why or why not?
- Does Geirrod deserve his fate? What about the rest of the giants in his hall?
Next Page: Photos
Previous Page: Analysis