The Three Musketeers
by Alexandre Dumas
Aramis Timeline and Summary
- When we first meet Aramis he is angry at D’Artagnan for inadvertently exposing his (Aramis’s) mistress. There is no choice but for the two to fight a duel.
- Their duel is interrupted by the arrival Cardinal’s Guards. Aramis helps in fighting them off and then befriend D’Artagnan.
- When helping to recover the diamond studs, Aramis is wounded in an ambush. He stops at a hotel to recuperate.
- D’Artagnan later finds him about to take holy vows. D’Artagnan realizes that this turn to religion is due to not having heard from his mistress in several days. He produces a letter from the woman in question, and Aramis forgets all about joining the church.
- Aramis and his friends head back to Paris. They receive word that they have to outfit themselves for war.
- Aramis’s mistress sends him a small fortune.
- Aramis bears witness at Milady’s trial.
- He refuses the commission when D’Artagnan asks. He is going to join the church.