The Three Musketeers
The Three Musketeers Epilogue Summary
- La Rochelle surrenders after a year.
- D’Artagnan has a command position. Porthos marries Madame Coquenard the following year.
- Aramis retires into an unknown convent.
- Athos remains a Musketeer under D’Artagnan’s command until he inherits property.
- D’Artagnan and Rochefort fight three times. D’Artagnan wins each time. On the third time, D’Artagnan points out that he will likely beat Rochefort if they fight a fourth time. The two of them embrace as friends.
- Monsieur Bonacieux continues to live quietly without a wife. One day he has the impudence to assert himself as a friend of the Cardinal, who tells him that he will be provided for the rest of his life. Monsieur Bonacieux was never seen again; his neighbors believe that he’s probably in a royal castle living on the Cardinal’s dime.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...