The Three Musketeers
Cite This Page
Porthos Timeline and Summary
- D’Artagnan uncovers the secret of Porthos’s half-baldric. They decide to settle their differences with a duel.
- Their duel is interrupted by the Cardinal’s Guards. The two men bond as they fight them off.
- When helping to recover the diamond studs, Porthos gets into a duel with a fellow diner at the inn.
- D’Artagnan later learns from the innkeeper that Porthos was annihilated in the duel, but allows Porthos to brag about his victory.
- Porthos and his friends head back to Paris. They receive word that they have to outfit themselves for war.
- Porthos immediately goes hunting for his rich mistress, and, by playing on her jealousy, manages to wheedle the necessary money from her.
- Porthos accompanies D’Artagnan to the convent where Constance is staying.
- Porthos bears witness at Milady’s trial.
- He refuses the commission to become Lieutenant Musketeer when D’Artagnan asks. He is going to become a married man. His mistress’s husband has died.