The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger
The Time Traveler's Wife Book 2, Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Thursday, December 28, 2000 (Henry is 33 and 37, Clare is 29): A past version of Henry watches present Henry and Clare sleeping in bed at night. He can see their shared grief and Henry's tension, longing to tell him that they'll be OK. Clare wakes up. Overcome by his desire to be connected with her again, Henry makes love to her. Clare is half-asleep and only notices that she slept with past Henry later on. She seems to accept the situation as part of their strange life.
- Monday, February 12, 2001 (Henry is 37, Clare is 29): Back in the present, Henry notices that Clare is behaving strangely. When he confronts her, she tells him that past Henry got her pregnant. Clare hopes that "seven" will be their lucky number.
- Tuesday, February 20, 2001 (Clare is 29, Henry is 37): Although Clare isn't doing well physically, she has a good feeling about this baby.
- Thursday, April 19, 2001 (Henry is 37, Clare is 29): Clare and Henry are at the office of her doctor, Amit Montague, to get an ultrasound. She tells them the couple they'll have a girl.
- Monday, August 20, 20001 (Clare is 30, Henry is 38): With the baby due in two weeks, Clare and Henry still debate about names. They finally settle on "Alba," named after a white city on a hill in Italy. Henry and Clare make love.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...