The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife Book 2, Chapter 29 Summary
How It All Goes Down
New Years Eve, Two
- Sunday, December 31, 2006 (Clare is 35, Henry is 43)
- Henry and Clare throw a New Year's party at their house. Surrounded by their "nearest and dearest," it suddenly hits Henry that tonight his life will end.
- Gomez finds Henry sitting outside on the porch in the cold. Henry thanks him for everything. Gomez senses that something is wrong and Henry reveals that his life will be over soon.
- When Clare looks for Henry, Ben directs her to the porch. He also mentions to her that Henry looks depressed and that he told him that he loved him. He chokes up, muttering that he doesn't want to outlive everyone.
- When Clare steps out onto the porch, Henry tells her, "It's time." They hold each other tight, waiting. Henry is scared. Clare kisses him as everyone celebrates the New Year back inside.