The Time Traveler's Wife Questions
- If you were born a time traveler, would you enjoy knowing what your future holds? Explain why.
- If, like Alba, you could choose where to time travel to, where would you go and why?
- Henry says that he tends to gravitate to important events in his life. He keeps revisiting his mother's death, for example. Why is that?
- If you were a time traveler, would you stick to the rules of time, or would you try to cheat, as Henry did when he manipulated the Lottery?
- Given the fact that Henry can't die and will be able to return to times when Clare is still alive, how do you think the story will continue?
- Do you believe that in the world of the story there are more time travelers than just Henry and Alba?
- If you could choose between being a time traveler or not, which would you opt for?
- If you fell in love with a time traveler, do you think your love could overcome the obstacles described in the story? What would be your biggest struggle as the husband or wife of a time traveler?
- How might being a time traveler change your priorities in life and why?
- If you were a time traveler and met your younger self at the age of six, you being forty, what advice would you give that younger version of you?
- Several reviewers noted that although the construct of their love relationship was original and intriguing, the emotional connection between the characters was a bit lacking. What do you think?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...