To the Lighthouse
by Virginia Woolf
To the Lighthouse Part 1, Chapter 13 Summary
- Mr. Bankes and Lily are talking about travel.
- Lily is arrested by the sight of Mr. and Mrs. Ramsay watching a girl throw a ball, and this vision is enshrined for her as "marriage."
- As Mrs. Ramsay turns and smiles at the couple, Lily realizes that Mrs. Ramsay wants her and William Bankes to marry.
- Mrs. Ramsay expresses pleasure that Mr. Bankes will be joining them for dinner.
- Prue runs into them, and Mrs. Ramsay asks her if Nancy was with the (still missing) group.