To the Lighthouse
by Virginia Woolf
To the Lighthouse Part 1, Chapter 7 Summary
- Now we get a really, really long paragraph from James’s point of view about how much he hates his father. This is, after all, "James the Ruthless."
- Mr. Ramsay comes over and declares that he’s a total failure.
- Mrs. Ramsay strokes his ego until he finally leaves to watch the kids play cricket.
- Mrs. Ramsay sort of crumples after her husband leaves, but turns back to the fairy tale she is reading to James.
- She’s angry because she doesn’t like feeling better than her husband.
- Augustus Carmichael shuffles by and Mrs. Ramsay asks if he is going indoors.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...