To the Lighthouse
To the Lighthouse Part 2, Chapter 6 Summary
- It is spring.
- [Prue Ramsay gets married. She’s beautiful.]
- Summer comes.
- [Prue Ramsay dies in childbirth.]
- The house becomes more decrepit again. The Lighthouse light still sweeps through.
- [Andrew Ramsay, along with 20 or 30 other guys, dies when a shell explodes in France. This is presumably during World War I and not while he’s just hanging out in Paris.]
- People try to pace the beach but it’s difficult. Contemplation doesn’t seem right.
- [Mr. Carmichael publishes a successful volume of poems.]