To the Lighthouse
To the Lighthouse Part 3, Chapter 12 Summary
- Mr. Ramsay is almost finished with his book. He is reading quickly, as if eager to finish.
- They’re almost at the Lighthouse.
- James looks at the Lighthouse. Cam looks at the sea.
- Mr. Ramsay closes his book and tells his children that it’s time for lunch.
- Macalister praises James’s steering.
- Mr. Ramsay hands out sandwiches.
- Cam feels good. She feels safe now that her father is keeping an eye on her.
- Macalister and Mr. Ramsay compare stories, since they are 75 and 71 years old, respectively.
- Macalister’s boy points out where three men drowned.
- Cam and James are afraid for a moment that Mr. Ramsay will burst out with lines from a poem.
- Mr. Ramsay praises James’s sailing, and Cam mentally congratulates James, because she knows this is what he’s been waiting for.
- James holds himself aloof. He doesn’t want anyone to know he’s pleased.
- Two men stand waiting at the Lighthouse for them. Mr. Ramsay takes out the parcel Nancy prepared.
- Mr. Ramsay tells his children to bring the parcels for the Lighthouse men and then springs up onto the rock like a young man.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search