Troilus and Cressida Act 5, Scene 5 Summary
- Diomedes sends his servant with a message to Cressida about how he just beat down her ex-boyfriend. He also sends along Troilus's horse as proof that he's now Cressida's "knight" in shining armor.
- Agamemnon appears and lists all the Greeks who have been killed, including Achilles' lover, Patroclus.
- He and Diomedes run off to get reinforcements while Nestor shows up to deliver the bad news about Patroclus.
- Then he tells us that Hector is running around the battlefield mowing down Greek warriors like a one-man army.
- Ulysses runs up and says that Achilles is "weeping, cursing" and "vowing vengeance" for Patroclus' death.
- We find out that Achilles and his gang of hooligan "Myrmidons" are out for Hector's blood.
Ajax runs in looking to kill Troilus.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...