Troilus and Cressida
Troilus and Cressida Act 5, Scene 5 Summary
- Diomedes sends his servant with a message to Cressida about how he just beat down her ex-boyfriend. He also sends along Troilus's horse as proof that he's now Cressida's "knight" in shining armor.
- Agamemnon appears and lists all the Greeks who have been killed, including Achilles' lover, Patroclus.
- He and Diomedes run off to get reinforcements while Nestor shows up to deliver the bad news about Patroclus.
- Then he tells us that Hector is running around the battlefield mowing down Greek warriors like a one-man army.
- Ulysses runs up and says that Achilles is "weeping, cursing" and "vowing vengeance" for Patroclus' death.
- We find out that Achilles and his gang of hooligan "Myrmidons" are out for Hector's blood. Ajax runs in looking to kill Troilus.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search