Troilus and Cressida
When authors refer to other great works, people, and events, it’s usually not accidental. Put on your super-sleuth hat and figure out why.
- The Trojan War
- Helen of Troy
Major Literary Sources
- Geoffrey Chaucer, Troilus and Criseyde (c.1380s)
- Homer, The Iliad and The Odyssey (c. 8th-6th century B.C.)
- William Caxton, Recuyell of the Historyes of Troye (1474)
- John Lydgate, Troy Book (1513)
- Ovid, Metamorphoses (c. 2 A.D.)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search