Tropic of Cancer
Tropic of Cancer Chapter 6 Summary
- The narrator meets a Russian man named Serge, who lives outside of Paris in "a little colony of émigrés and run-down artists" (6.3).
- Serge puts him up in exchange for English lessons, but the bed bugs in his mattress, the smell of germicide, the food, and the tapeworm are too much. He does a "bail without notice." See ya!
- Back in Paris ("I'm free—that's the main thing…" [6.11]), Miller convinces an acquaintance named Peckover to loan him some francs.
- He finds a concert ticket in the bathroom (lavabo), so decides to go enjoy a show.
- While listening to the music, he muses on everything from his groin (no surprise there) to the legend of Leda.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation, Volume I: The Pox Party - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search